Highlights: UK announced Rs. 1 Million relocation grant for Teachers
- The UK is welcoming Teachers from overseas through a pilot scheme in FY 2023-24.
- INR 1 Million IRP grant is announced as a single payment to the teaching professionals.
- The UK government also pays international relocation payment (IRP) for qualified Teachers, and non-UK trainees.
- The minimum salary offered is GBP 27,000 per annum and it varies based on the experience.
*Willing to work in the UK? Check your eligibility through Y-Axis UK immigration Points Calculator.
UK International Relocation Payment
The UK government announced Rs. 1 million under the pilot scheme in the FY 2023-24. It aims to bring more overseas teaching staff into the country. This includes:
- Non-UK trainees,
- Language Teachers, and
- Physics Teachers.
- Degree from a recognised teacher-training qualifications,
- 1 year experience in Teaching field
- Speak English to the UG level.
- Willing to live in the UK in FY 2023-24 to work in the UK
Expenses covered in IRP grant
- Costs of visas
- Immigration health surcharge
- Other relocation expenses
Last date to apply:
The applications are accepted till the end of Autumn 2023.
Is this scheme applicable for all categories?
This scheme will be different for salaried, fee paying trainees, and teachers.
Trainees on fee-paying courses
IRP for fee paying trainees will be credited at the end of their first term.
Salaries trainees will receive the IRP once they step into the country and apply for the DfE and taken up their training program. Based on eligibility they might also receive at the end of first term.
Teachers should apply for DfE in autumn 2023, and they will receive the IRP after they enter the country and start their teaching role. If eligible teachers also will receive the IRP at the end of first term if their DfE application is successful.
UK is looking to hire more teaching staff for all subjects from India and Nigeria. The country is expecting to get IRPs 300 to 400 for teaching staff. It also tries to attracts the overseas teaching staff for other subjects in the coming academic years.
Are you looking to migrate to the UK? Contact Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 overseas immigration consultant.
To get more updates on immigration news, follow Y-Axis UK Immigration News page.
Web Story: British Government announces Rs.1 Million relocation grant for Teachers to work in the UK