Ballina Shire Council’s Resource Recovery Community Grant program provides financial assistance to encourage and assist individuals, organisations, and community groups in the implementation of waste minimisation and resource recovery for the benefit of our community.
Council will consider the following guidelines to determine if the project or initiative aligns with Council’s resource recovery strategic objectives and offers value for money for the community:
- Must be conducted within the Ballina Local Government area.
- Aligns with Council’s resource recovery strategic objectives to improve community waste minimisation, reduce waste to landfill and/or recover resources.
- Effectively creates community awareness/messaging to increase waste minimisation and resource recovery behaviour within the community.
- Demonstrates clear and identified community need/support.
- Defined project plan with outcomes and timeline.
- Proponent has an appropriate level of resources/relevant experience to support project delivery.
- A realistic and evidence-based budget providing value for money.
- Purchasing of any tools, equipment or resources will remain for community benefit at the end of the project.
The program is open to applicants year-round, however only one application per individual, community group or organisation will be considered per year.
$50,000 per annum is allocated toward community resource recovery initiatives from the Resource Recovery budget.
If your initiative is outside of our current parameters and aligns strongly with the selection criteria, please contact Resource Recovery for further review. Email email@example.com or phone 6686 1287.
In addition to the application process, Council requests proponents complete an acquittal form within 6 weeks after the project/initiative. The acquittal form is a written overview of the event outcomes, including statistical and financial information as relevant.
For convenience, a community survey template has also been provided below and can be tailored to meet your project/initiative’s needs. Survey results can also assist successful applicants in securing other government or future funding opportunities.